GDPR: DATA PRIVACY NOTICE FOR CLIENTS AND SUPPLIERS
Curator of Crafts ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The rules on processing of personal data are set out in the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
Data controller - A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
Data processor - A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller.
Data subject – Natural person
Categories of data: Personal data and special categories of personal data
Personal data - The GDPR applies to ‘personal data’ meaning any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier (as explained in Article 6 of GDPR). For example name, passport number, home address or private email address. Online identifiers include IP addresses and cookies.
Special categories personal data - The GDPR refers to sensitive personal data as ‘special categories of personal data’ (as explained in Article 9 of GDPR). The special categories specifically include genetic data, and biometric data where processed to uniquely identify an individual. Other examples include racial and ethnic origin, sexual orientation, health data, trade union membership, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
Processing - means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Third party - means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
- Who are we?
Mike Rickword is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. Our contact details are: Curator of Crafts, Tidwell Farm, Ashburton, Devon, TQ13 7LY. For all data matters please email Mike on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The purpose(s) of processing your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To arrange deliveries and collections of goods
- To take and process orders
- To take, or to make payments for goods
- To contact you with any issues relating to your order
- To keep you informed of any product offers and promotions that may be relevant and useful to you via our email newsletter
- To arrange delivery of our printed brochure
- To arrange emailing of our digital brochure
- The categories of personal data concerned
With reference to the categories of personal data described in the definitions section, we process the following categories of your data:
- Personal data for example your name, card holder address, delivery address (if different from card holder address) contact phone number and e-mail address.
In addition, we also record dates and time when orders are made and the products ordered.
- We have obtained your personal data from our Social Media pages and your interest in our sister magazine project DEV-ON and DEV-ON LISTED
- What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Personal data (article 6 of GDPR)
Our lawful basis for processing your general personal data:
Consent of the data subject;
Newsletter sign up at the foot of each website page.
Processing necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract
Special categories of personal data
We do not process any data that may fall into Special Categories
More information on lawful processing can be found on the ICO website.
- Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential, and will be shared only with staff at Curator of Crafts and maker or designer supplying your purchases and their logistics partners in order to:
- Process and arrange delivery of orders
process and arrange delivery of our printed DEV-ON magazine
process and arrange emailing of digital receipts and confirmations
let you know of any new designers or makers on the curatorofcrafts.com or dev-on.co.uk websites
contact you with any issues relating to your order
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary, typically we will hold order details for no more than 12 months whilst the products you have purchases remain under warranty.
With your consent, we keep your personal details for 5 years for marketing purposes.
Providing us with your personal data
You are under no statutory or contractual requirement or obligation to provide us with your personal data. But failure to provide any necessary data may mean that we cannot fulfil orders or postal brochure requests.
- Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you;
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data;
- The right to request that we provide you with your personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable i.e. where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and where the data controller processes the data by automated means);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable i.e. where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics).
- Transfer of Data Abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA
- Automated Decision Making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
- Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
- How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact our data protection officer on email@example.com.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.